How to apply for a refund?

If your ticket is refundable you may claim a refund if your circumstances change and you can no longer travel. Cheaper “ADVANCE” type tickets are NON refundable, but you may be eligible for a refund if the train you were due to travel on was cancelled or significantly delayed and you didn’t travel.

To claim a refund, you will need to complete the online Refund Claim Form within 28 days of the original travel date AND return your tickets to us before we can process your claim.

If you booked a “collection at station” ticket and you didn’t collect your tickets, we can process a refund without you returning them to us, but you must still complete the online Refund Claim Form. If you are only amending part of your booking you will need to collect your tickets before submitting this Refund Claim Form and returning the tickets you no longer require by post.

Refunds may only be claimed on tickets which are wholly unused and only the face value of the ticket can be refunded (booking fee, share of saving and postage fees are non-refundable).

We will process your claim within 28 working days and it may take a further 5 days for any credit to appear on your statement. The refund can ONLY be paid back to the debit or credit card you used to purchase your ticket. Please note that there is a £10 administration charge per booking for processing a refund.

If you are claiming a refund on a non-refundable ticket, but the train on which you were booked to travel was cancelled or delayed and you did not travel, you may be eligible for a refund.

If you have purchased a non-refundable ADVANCE ticket but wish to change your booking, it may be possible to claim a refund on your original, unused tickets. You will need to re-book the same journey within 28 days and apply for a refund on the originals. You may change the time and date of the journey but not the departure station or destination and the refund will be subject to a £10 admin fee. If you are claiming a refund because you have amended you ticket, you must advise us of the new booking reference and return the original tickets to us.

If your train was delayed but you still travelled you may be entitled to delay compensation, but you need to contact the Train Operating Company directly to make a claim.